(ASCEND) Disconnect causes:

4293 disconnects in the sample
1861 cause 45 (PPP - Receive Terminate Req)
1008 cause 11 (loss of carrier)
631  cause 185 (Remote End Hung Up)
61   cause 20 - user quit
30   cause 47 (PPP - No NCPs were open -- what exactly does that mean?)
only 3 due to session timeout.

The rest are a mix of ppp auth, local kick, radius kick and login failures

Looks ok I suppose, but I don't like the fact that about 23% of my calls
are dropping carrier... my analog bank has a better track rate then that.

But that cause aside, I don't think that all 1800 PPP disconnects + 630
remote hangups are valid... people complaining about getting bumped
offline generally show those causes more then 11.  My thought is that
something about the way the ascend handles PPP is causing trouble for
the Win95/WinNT tcp stack.  NT + SP3 complains about a lot of CRC errors
yet works fine when dialed up to our old bank.  So what's different?
(aside from about 3-4 shifts up in baudrate)

One guess is that NT drops PPP if it gets too many CRC errors in a row...

Anyway, Max4048 with 5.0Ai13-tik.m40.

(As an aside, does tik.m40 support outdial? eik for E1 does, but tik does
not list it.)

--Dan