Re: (ASCEND) MAX Java Configurator released

At 08:14 PM 6/16/97 -0500, Does it really matter wrote:

>What i want to know, since this is a "java" application, will it run under
>Solaris x86 or even the SPARC's ?!? .. by looking at it, Me thinks the .exe
>makes it some kind of Windoze program ....

Oh gosh, I forgot that I'd be opening that can of worms again. :) :)

Yes, we're talking windows for now. I don't know of any plans for yewnix,
but I'll check. But any good PC unix user has a DOS/Windows partition on
their disk anyway, right?

STOP!! Do not hit the reply button!!! This list is for Ascend products, not
OS-wars. And just for the record, despite the hype, Java is not as portable
as the trade press indicates. It doesn't automatically compile on every OS.
If you want to debate that, go to comp.lang.java.*

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com