Re: (ASCEND) MAX Java Configurator released (fwd)

At 07:23 PM 6/16/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Matt Holdrege shaped the electrons to say...
>>OS-wars. And just for the record, despite the hype, Java is not as portable
>>as the trade press indicates. It doesn't automatically compile on every OS.
>
>I guess I better tell the guys writing PMconsole in Java that they really
>don't have it running cross-platform then.
>
>It CAN be done, it just isn't as easy.  Don't blame the Java language
>specification - that's my point here.

No, depending on the libraries you use, it CANNOT be done until certain
OS's fix their bugs. And it isn't the fault of the language, but the
implementation on some OS's. But like I said, take it to comp.lang.java.*

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com