(ASCEND) 3Com 3C562D problems

We are having a problems with users dialing into our Max 4004 boxes using
3Com etherlink PCMCIA combo cards model 3C562D.

Slow performance, and lengthy transfers to the degree of unusability are
the symptoms we are seeing. Also we are noticing in the Radius Accounting
Packets that their first destination address is their subnet mask (ie
192.168.1.255). I have seen this a couple of time with Windows 95b (OSR2)
and chalked it up to a routing table mess up.

These clients are using windows 95. We don't believe it to be totally
restricted to a line issue, but we are at a loss to explain it.
We are using 4.6C ( i beleive, the people who maintain our dial in ports
won't tell us what version we really have ) on our Max's.

If anybody has any suggestions or idea's mail them to me, thanx!