Re: (ASCEND) 5.0Ai13 Fatal Error's

    Dave> We ran p5 previous to p13 with very long uptimes. OSPF was
    Dave> OK in p5 for our use too. OSPF works fine in p13 (without
    Dave> STUBS of course)

Okay, what's everyone doing differently than me?  I have a seven-max
group that can't run OSPF with P5, P7 or P13.  I get random reboots,
both with and without warnings and fatal errors, and I also
occasionally get a strange message in debug mode that I can't seem to
find at the moment, but seems to involve memory allocation for ospf.

The only variable that we can come up with is that the other OSPF
participants on the LAN are Ciscos and Livingstons.

Meanwhile, a LAN consisting of a single Cisco 2501 and a Max 4000 runs
OSPF quite reliably.  One instance of this has been up 41 days,
running 5.0Ap5.  Add that second Cisco, though, and bad things happen.

All of these problems go away when I disable OSPF and enable RIP2.

Ascend's tech support has been no help at all.  They've had trouble
understanding that I can't enable OSPF and let the things crash,
while they monitor, on a production network.

~sigh~ if it were practical, I would have switched to PM3s a long time
ago.  Unfortunately it's not, both financially and because the PM3s
don't support NFAS.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.