(ASCEND) pipe problem in nynex land

I have a pipeline 75 running 4.6c connecting to nynex ISDN.  The pipe
originates all calls (to a MAX at the Main Office).  The base channel
count is 2 and the call type is perm/switched.  I.e., it should try to
stay at 128k at all times.  Mostly this works, but from time to time
one of the B channels hangs up (I'm not sure who is hanging it up; so
far as I know, no one should be), and the connection stays in a
1-channel state.

Apparently coincident with this, I see INVALID SPID SPECIFIED messages
if I do a "show ISDN" on the console.  ("Apparently", because these
messages are not time stamped.) The only way I have discovered to get
another channel is to hang up completely; the pipe then automatically
reconnects both channels with no difficulty.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on and what to
do about it, or how to get more information?

Thanks.
mike