(ASCEND) Amazing Disappearing Max 200

     Anyone ever see anything like this...

     I have a Max 200 deployed in the UK.  It ran ok for about 5 days.
     Then suddenly I can not ping it.  I had pcAnywhere installed on a PC
     on that segment and I ran the Max 200 config software on that box.  It
     could not see the Max.  I have them reboot.  Sometimes it comes back,
     sometimes not.  More often not.  So..I have them send back the Max to
     me here in Cupertino, CA.  And I ship them a replacement.

     Time goes by..the same type of story in the UK.  I try to config the
     returned Max and notice that the Max 200 config software can not see
     it here.  A brain-storm...I jam the RJ45 connector further into the
     socket even thought it's clicked in.  Suddenly the config sw can see
     the max.  I have the guys in the UK try this and then they can see the
     Max their.

     Again last night we lost connectivity to the ukmax.  Again I had them
     push in the cable..voila back on line.

     I may have a similar situation in Singapore with a Max 200 there.
     Getting these things shipped and through customs is a nightmare.
     Anyone have a good workaround solution for this (what appears to be)
     OSI layer 1 problem?  Bubble gum in the ethernet port?  Superglue?

     :-)))