Re: (ASCEND) P50/USR 2B aggravation

At 20:16 -0700 5/29/1997, Kevin Smith wrote:
> At 07:45 PM 5/29/97 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> >At 09:30 PM 5/29/97 -0400, Doug Wyatt wrote:
> <snip>
> >>The fact that it never drops before 15 minutes and always (so far) seems to
> >>drop shortly thereafter has convinced me that one router or the other does
> >>have a "feature" that is kicking me off.  Any other Pipeline users with
> >>5.0Ap5 having trouble with 2B calls that last more than 15 minutes?
> >
> >Are *any* of the "timer" values *anywhere* set to about 900 ??
> >
> >Have to admit that I'm running 5.0Ai10 on my P75....and I have an idle timer
> >to 120 seconds....so I rarely need 2-B up for that long....though I'll
> >try it this evening to see *if* anything like this hits me too...
> >
> >I'm now set for "MP" idle timer set to 1500 - so I should stay up way
> >past 15 minutes with both channels (base/min/max = 2).
> >
> >I'll let you know what happens (as long as no on calls me, and pre-empts
> >with a voice call :).
>
> Well I'm still connected with 2 channels after 30 minutes....for
> what that's worth...

Kevin,

Thanks for trying this.  I'm going to begin with the idea that the bug is
on the USR end (like last time).

I did a packet trace at the time of the disconnection and saw nothing.

But "show isdn" offers this clue:

the session going up:
NL: CALL REQUEST: 64K, #2572513
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #2572513
NL: CALL REQUEST: 64K, #2572513
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B2  #2572513

the mysterious disconnect on the second B channel:
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B2  #2572513

the P50 timing out and disconnecting the first B channel:
NL: CLEAR REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #2572513

Am I correct in thinking that if the P50 were disconnecting B2, it would
say "clear request" like it does when disconnecting B1?

Also the disconnection time is within 5 seconds of 15 minutes, 10 seconds
into the call as reported by the P50's connection timer, but it's variable.
If the P50 were causing the disconnection, I'd expect to see it disconnect
closer to precisely at the same time every time (and probably at a rounder
number).

I'll try to get my ISP to try to get USR to fix it.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                      software development, Opcode Systems Inc.
work:     doug@opcode.com       http://www.opcode.com/