Re: (ASCEND) USR 28.8 problems?

Most of the USR 28.8 modem problems we have had have been resoloved
by using the Ascend suggested modem strings, off of their web page...

We have run into a problem that so far I haven't been able to figure
out...

We have a problem with users using US Robotics 33.6 Telephony (?) modems.

They will dial okay, and you can hear the modem sounds as they try to
connect to our Maxen/TNTs (5.0ap5 & 1.2Ap2) , but they never synch up.  Just
lots of modem noise...

Since all the customers who have had this problem were using Dell machines
USR won't help them (I don't like to disparage any company -- but,
sometimes USR support really irks me), and Dell says the modem works, so it
must be on our end (oh yea, well, I have 500+ other people connecting to the
same number with no friggin problem, so it must be your computer ;+} ;+}).

Paul Estes from Ascend is working iwht one of our reps to help resolve this
problem, but I was wondering if anyone else had seen this, and had any ideas?

thanks

allan

--
allan                   aliska@uu.net