Re: (ASCEND) Aggregating ISDN links on a Pipeline 50

At 09:25 AM 5/29/97 +1000, Paul Sondhu wrote:

>We are an ISP with a 64kb ISDN link to our internet provider. We are
>currently thinking of upgrading our internet connection to 128kb.
>
>We have an Ascend Pipeline 50 ISDN router connected through a Telstra
>Australia NT1 Unit.
>
>My question is can we aggregate two 64K channels which are connected to
>two differnet service providers together to form one 128K link.
>If so then how does this work and what is needed at each end?
>
>I am aware that it is possible to aggregate two channels which are
>linked to the same provider using mulitink PPP but we are wondering about
>the situation with having two different service providers.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to achieve with this. As
you point out, to the same ISP you would have 128K link to their gateway,
but to different providers you will have two 64K links to 2 distinct
gateways. Aggregate them in what way....?

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service