(ASCEND) Ascend...PLEASE get you sh*t together with Software!!!!

Again, we have a T1 customer on a P130 who suffers becuase of a software
prob. I reset the unit via telnet many times to no avail. (thats how I
usually fix the connect failure problem when it drops out) This time, it
had to be power-cycled!! Whats the deal?!?! It's like the csu was shut
down, cause the telco tester was getting "all ones" from the unit. However
the status window indicated "Carrier" which usually means it sees the telco
network. Its running 4.6C, and I am waiting the 5.0apx release that fixes
this CSU problem. I have been waiting for weeks for that since I was told
it was coming out. Well, were is it? Dont they grasp the concept that
people have businesses that rely on their hardware? I guess we have to
suffer until they find the time to fix the software.

And we are still wainting on the fix for the Max1800 problem of the BRI
ports losing sync. Thats been a good *long* wait also. (months)  So again,
our customers have to suffer, when their ISDN connection drops out and they
are down for a spell, until we can reset the equipmnt.

--------for the ascend techs reading the list-----------------------------------

Dear Ascend,

  You make great hardware, but you software is pathetic. Every product we own
has software probs habitually, every release has some big falling out! I
wish we could get that Cisco reliabilty in your software, because your
routers are very favorable in price, design and funtionality. Please get it
together. Please.

thanks
todd