(ASCEND) Pipeline 25 ISDN 'Speach call'

Hello,

I have been using a motorola BitSurfer Pro for some time now connecting to
a MAX4000.  The problem we had early on was that the MAX4000 is connected
to a PRI provided by one local Telco and the BRI is using another Telco.
If we dialed using ISDN, the call would not get to the MAX.  After yelling
and screaming and the Telcos, we gave up and configured the MAX to answer
a specific phone number as a digital call *regardless* of whether or not
the Telco was reporting the call as a digital or analog call.  We then
configured the BitSurfer to call making a 'Speach' call which was able to
be completed.  Though we don't get 64KB, we do get 56KB.  This is fine.
It turns out, in the end, that this is actualy the configuration one would
use to do 'data over voice' which beats Telcos out of the chages that they
may have for digital vs analog calls.  This isn't why *we* did it but it's
interesting none the less.

I now got my hands on a Pipeline 25 and need to do the same thing.  The
problem is, I don't see a way to make the Pipeline make a digital call
announcing it as a 'speach' call... Maybe it can't. This wouldn't surprise
me since in many areas this is used to cheat the Telcos... I dunno...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Steve