Re: (ASCEND) Max stacking how good is it!

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Thomas J. Wye wrote:

> First  Box:  Max4004 with two or more  PRI's (NO modems)
> Second Box:  Max4048 with two PRI's (48 modems)
> Third  Box:  Max4048 with two PRI's (48 modems)
>
> and keep adding max4048's
>
> We want the first box to have no modems so it will mainly handle ISDN
> customers so we can better utilize our available modems.
>
> So in theory a analog call coming into the first box should be
> automatically bounced back to the Telco switch an redirected to come
> in on the next PRI until it reaches a box with a modem.

Note that with this arrangement you will not be able to support DOV/56K
ISDN calls.  If you go with seperate numbers for ISDN vs. Analog that will
fix this problem.  It sounds like it might depend on what other things you
are doing, since I think some other people have gotten it to work.

> 1.) Anyone have an opinion if this is a workable solution?

We were unable to get stacking to work.  We had frequent problems with
callers who disconnected and reconnected immediately.