Re: (ASCEND) Channelized T1 - 56k and debugging

Howdy Craig,

Thanks for your speedy response!
 ----
From: Craig Salmond <salmond@unix.cde.com>
> I noticed that when the TELCO had our T1 set to AMI/D4 that we
>lost all our diagnostic functions from the 10-400 status window. If you
>don't have B8ZS and ESF, you do not get the extra stats, and if memory
>serves correctly you can get 8bit clean connections with AMI/D4.
> Mat Renner is one of ascends strongest TELCO people their, I'd
>suggest a call to him..

Thanks, Craig- I will definitely speak to him soon.

>> What I'm looking for is:
>> 1- Has anyone with channelized T1 gotten 56k to work on a MAX?  On a
PM3?
> We have it working on a MAX 4048 feel free to dial LD to (352)
>742-1515. Users are averaging 48K.  With channelized T1's we found that
>Padding with Leading Zero's in the Switch helped our connect rates. Here
>is a repost of that message.

I did try to connect to that number from one location- and the best speed I
could
achieve was 34.0k.  It may be a function of long-distance trunk lines,
though.
I was using a SupraExpress 56e, which I know to reach speeds up
to 50k with MAX 4048's on PRI (from the same location.)  I used AT&T long
distance,
 which I've had the best success
 with so far.

I will be checking out our digital padding shortly as well.  I am very
happy to hear that
you are getting 46k connection speeds on channelized T1.  I'm
 getting 60% 31.2k,
24% 28.8k, and about 15% 34.0k.  Definitely much below par!

I think the engineers and tech support at Ascend are a little overworked-
they do take
quite a while to return calls.

-Will

--