(ASCEND) Differences between Max2000 and Max2012

I was just wondering if anyone knew enough about both of these products to
give me a side by side comparison.  When I started this job this remote
access solution was already pretty much choosen.  That person had decided
upon the Max2000 with the 12port modem card and the ISDN software.  I just
want to make sure that if we go with the Max2012 it will be able to do
everything that the "original" setup was supposed to do.

>From everything I can find it seems that they are pretty much the same
thing, except for price.  Since it is such a hugh price differential
though (on the order of a couple grand according to our purchasing
department) it has me wondering....

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Forrest Houston
SysAdmin
UCS/ISI - IPCe