RE: (ASCEND) OSPF table size and memory usage

Since we can't do Stub areas,  and pool summarization isn't pretty, we
have groups of Maxen (10-12) in closed and filtered area 0's, we then
use other IGP's to move summarized routes around the network.  We
wouldn't do that, if OSPF worked 100% on the Maxen.  But anyway, your
question:

Looking at one of the Maxen in our PHL POP, I see about 250 routes from
OSPF.  In testing (read: when I inadvertently screwed up my IGP) I have
been able to flood OSPF tables to a very high number (guessing 500+ host
routes).  The Good Thing is that the Maxen stayed alive. OSPF works
enough right now for us to get by.  Like Jason is doing this weekend, we
are also putting OSPF through the ringer on the TNT's, which from what
I'm told has its OSPF code derived from the Maxen.

One note to Jason (Erols): Watch the TNT for an apparent problem that
mimics uncontrollable "default-originate" announcements when you fire up
OSPF.  I'm not in TT system here, but I can shoot you the TR number for
reference later if you want it.

Best regards,

Dave Van Allen - You Tools Corporation/FASTNET(tm)
dave@fast.net (610)289-1100 http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - PA/NJ/DE Business Internet Solutions