Re: (ASCEND) Bitsurfer to TNT - resolved

At 10:18 AM 6/16/97 +0000, Frank Nowling wrote:
>According to Ascend tech support v.120 isn't in / doesn't work in our
>version of the TNT software. Unfortunatley, Bitsurfers default to
>using v.120. Setting the Bitsurfers to use PPP seems to help the
>problem.

This is correct.  There is currently no support for V.120 in the 'patch'
stream for MAX TNT software.  Setting the Bitsufers to PPP (asynch-to-synch
PPP) works - no V.120 required - they start PPP immediately on connection,
bypassing the terminal server, but one authenticates with PAP or CHAP
rather than through a login script.

	Dave.

--
David Howard               Escalation Support
Ascend Communications      Service & Support