Re: (ASCEND) Packet Wait Time

At 10:28 PM 6/16/97 +0200, Thomas Schenk wrote:
>I am running a Max4000 with 5.0Ap8 and I just found two parameters in
>the TServ Options menu I didn't know:
>
>Packet Wait time=0
>Packet characters=0
>
>Could anyone tell me what I can do with these parameters or give me a
>link to the release notes in wich they are described?

>From the 5.0 manual:

Packet Wait time
received data can wait before being passed up the protocol stack for
encapsulation.

Usage: Specify an integer between 0 and 600 milliseconds. The default value
is 0 (zero).

Dependencies: If your application is so specialized that it demands you use
this parameter, be sure to take into account your modem speeds when
calculating its value. This parameter does not apply if terminal services
are disabled.

Location: Ethernet>Mod Config>TServ Options

Packet Characters
should accumulate before the data is passed up the protocol stack for
encapsulation.

Usage: Specify an integer between 0 and 500. The default value is 0 (zero).
Dependencies: If your application is so specialized that it demands you use
this parameter, be sure to set the Packet Wait Time parameter to an
appropriate value. This parameter does not apply if terminal services are

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com