(ASCEND) CHAP authentication - I hate to ask, but...

Hey all, I really hate asking this, but I've gotten nowhere with it.  I've
read the FAQ to no avail, and tried locating the archives, but they appear
to have been removed or renamed.

Anyways, according to http://www.ascend.com/service/technotes/chap_rad.html,
 it's possible to get chap working while using the UNIX passwd to
authenticate users.  However, the technote doesn't explain how to set it
up.

I can create a profile on my 4k, and get chap working, but not with
radius.

Any clues, pointers, instructions would be greatly appreciated, as it would
make life easier for my windows users, and make life easier for me when it
comes to my ISDN users.

--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services