Re: (ASCEND) Sportster/Max interoperability

At 12:15 06/23/1997 MDT, you wrote:
>	We are seeing connect rates of only 14.4 from US Robotics 28.8
>	Sportsters into a MAX running 4.6Bp26.  Yes, I know the rev is old.
>	I have not found anything in the archives relating to this problem.
>	Is this a know problem with the Sportsters?  I would like to solve

I don't have my test sportster and its docs nearby,
but this _sounds_ like it may be that old V.FC problem.

The sportsters will sometimes prefer a V.FC connection
over a V.34 connection, solution is disabling V.FC on the sportster.
(um, from memory I think it was  ATs56=128
        but check your manual to be sure)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard                      jhoward@lyceum.com
Sr Network Engineer             404.248.1733
Lyceum Internet                 http://www.lyceum.com/