RE: (ASCEND) Win95 and MAX 2000 v. 5.0A

We have seen this issue before.  There is something flaky about getting
a machine talking accross the network the first time.  I don't know if
NT server has to obtain the access control block for the workstation
or what.  We found that adding the workstation to hosts & lmhosts
files on the server (and vice-versa on the workstation) seemed to cure
the problem (assuming that the client is pointing to the WINS server).
Once they "talk" for the first time, we were able to remove these entries.
However, we usually leave them in since it doesn't hurt anything.

Note that we don't always have to do this.  Just sometimes.

Another issue that could be affecting you is that the client needs
to be set up to authenticate from the domain.  The user-name
and password on the client should match the domain user-name/
password, even if the user sometimes uses the client stand-alone.

If you continue to have problems, see if you can map a network
even if you can't see it in the browse list.