Re: (ASCEND) P75 loses ability to dial

At 10:05 AM 6/25/97 -0700, Jon Rust wrote:
>I've got a customer with a P75 running 5.0Ap5. It runs fine for a few
>days at a time, then it refuses to connect. It dials, and I can see it
>ringing in my P400, but it just hangs there. This is all I get from a
>dump of the session:
>
>RBAD-55:: 11 octets @ 202F9F34
>  [0000]: 7e de ee 1e 6f ef 6e 6f 6f 6f ef

This indicates that the receive HDLC is reporting CRC errors in the
received frames. So the call was answered, but no LCP negotiation could
take place due to the corrupted PPP packets....

>A show isdn 1 gives me a cause code 16, which doesn't make much sense
>since this definitely is not normal.

As far as ISDN is concerned it is, since the receive unit could not
sync-up PPP, it basically gives up and hangs up on the caller - like if
you or I received a call and just heard "noise", you try the "hello, hello"
and then hang up. "Just hang up" is defined as cause-code 16.

>To get going again, we have to power cycle it. This same thing happened
>when it was running 5.0A. Do one of the incrementals fix this?

Hmm, so the P75 *always* does that once it started until you power cycle it?
You do nothing on the P400 - right ?

Have you tried unplugging the BRI line on the P75 and then replacing it
to see if that helps ?

I see 2 possibilities ... either a bad P75, or a BRI line problem which is
getting reset when the P75 is rebooted. Hence my suggestion to reset the
BRI line without rebooting the P75 to see if that helped. If not, RMA the
P75.

Kevin