Re: (ASCEND) Unable to telnet into P75

In message <3.0.2.32.19970625202338.00989100@pop.mindspring.com>
Richard B Dervan writes:

> After upgrading to 5.0Ai16, I'm having a problem telnetting into the
> router.  It works for a while and then after a random period, I'm unable to
> connect.  Power-cycing seems to reset everything and I'm then again able to
> log in.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Yup... The solution for me was to turn off Ethernet filtering. This
was on 4.6Csomething (as shipped), and on 5.0Ai4 presently installed.
The random period for me was usually no more than a couple of minutes.

Someone asked a day or so ago about P75 Ethernet filtering. Yes, I hit
the same thing. I tried using a one rule filter to pass everything.
It had no effect on the problem. After about 2 minutes or so, the
P75 would simply "disappear". On resetting the Ethernet filter to 0
(turned off), the box would reappear.

The Ethernet filtering I'm talking about is
   Ethernet -> Mod Config -> Ether options -> Filter = 0

--
Randall Raemon
rlr@shikahr.com.inter.net