Re: (ASCEND) Ascend DoS attack

At 04:45 PM 6/30/97 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:

>Are you running RIP or OSPF on your max's?
>
>And why haven't we heard anything from ASCEND on this issue?

I'm having TAC look into it in more detail. We have heard no other
such report, so we are starting with this report .... which *did*
say the problem is already fixed in 5.0Ap13. We will investigate
how we can reproduce it, and then which versions are effected.

I'm curious already too as to why Joe saw this, but not Erols....since
the routing protocol being used (OSPF vs RIP) has nothing to do with
the PPP negotiation of IP addresses !

Joe - did you (by any remote chance) get a PPP trace of this in action
when this occurred? [Also do you still have a dump of the config that
confirms you had pools-only set to yes?]

Richard - is your config also set with pools-only set to yes ??

Kevin