(ASCEND) Disconnect Cause 100?

I have been searching for the "True Meaning" of Ascend Disconnect Cause code
100 on our Max 4002, with software 4.6Cp11, in a PPP environment,
authenticated by Radius.

I have searched the Ascend web pages and found, as of today (6/30/97),
_three_ URLs with Disconnect codes in them:

        http://www.ascend.com/693.html
        http://www.ascend.com/898.html
        http://www.ascend.com/1426.html

They are all a bit different in wording and number of messages given.
Number 1426 has the fewest codes but the clearest descriptions.  Number
898 has the most codes but the least clear descriptions.

In my case of code 100, the closest explaination to what really appears
to be happening is in my Radius manual.  See below.

For Disconect Cause 100:

Web
Page #    Description
------    -------------------------------------------------
693       /* session timeout */
898       Session Timeout
1426      session timed out

Radius
Manual    The session timed out because there was no activity on
          a PPP link.

In my case the latter appears to be closest to the truth.  While
connecting via PPP, the Max drops the PPP session if there is exactly 15
minutes of no activity while connected to _some_ hosts but not others.

This sounds to me more like a PPP idle time out more than a session time out.

Does anyone know what the "True Meaning" of Disconnect code 100 is and is
there a way to set/change it via Radius?

-jscott-
--
|J. Scott Williams, BH 313     Ph: (360) 650-2868  FAX: (360) 650-7323 |
|Admin. Computing Services     Internet:  scott@cc.wwu.edu             |