Re: (ASCEND) How to read a WanDis dump

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Junichi Kurokawa wrote:

>   >I've just been forced to switch ISPs and am trying to get everything working
>   >again.  Since we are not yet on Centrex ISDN (have to wait 2 more weeks for
>   >Ma Bell) I'm a little concerned about the line staying up.
>   >
>   >I don't see any traffic for long periods of time on the lan, but the P50
>   >sees Wan traffic.
>   >

Thanks for the reply,

I figured it out - rather a comedy of errors actually.  I was playing
with the Ascend Configurator and when I put back the syslog host, I put
back the OLD IP address (which is now outside of our network).  The
result was, that as soon as the P50 would decide to drop the connection,
it would send out a syslog message which would bring the connection back
up again.

Mark Z.