(ASCEND) P75: NAT and unNat simultaneously?

Has anyone experience with a Pipeline 75 running NAT connection to one
provider while simultaneously running a plain non-NAT connection to another
provider?  I'm trying to track down some strange interactions between my
two connections.

I've been using a Pipeline 75 at home to connect a few computers to my ISP.
 They have assigned my home network a block of eight addresses:
234.56.78.1/29 (not the real address, but structurally similar).  Their
address (and my default gateway) is 201.202.203.1/24.  This has worked well
since December.

Now I'm trying to connect one of my home computers to the network at work.
They use DHCP to assign addresses to incoming callers and don't want to
make a special setup for my network.  I created a second connection profile
called WORK that listed their address 123.45.67.1/24 and added a static
route to reach the rest of their class B network, 123.45.0.0/16.  Then I
enable NAT and specified that WORK was the NAT profile.  This seemed OK:  I
connected, used telnet, read e-mail, etc.

However, when I tried to connect to my ISP, the Pipeline reported that a
LAN connection was established, but I could not make any TCP connections.
In addition, the Pipeline also brought up a connection to WORK.  What could
be happening?  Is the Pipeline connecting to WORK to get a dynamic address
and then using it to talk to my ISP?

If you have had any success (or failure) trying something like this, I
would greatly appreciate hearing from you.
--
Joel Shprentz              (202) 863-3487
BDM Federal, Inc.          shprentz@bdm.com