Re: (ASCEND) 48 modem limit on Max with 56k cards

At 03:31 PM 4/30/97 -0400, Stephen Balbach wrote:

>All the reps from Ascend I have spoken with recommend only 48 56K modems
>for performance reasons. As I said in an earlier email, just because a
>box (any box, not just Ascend) has enough slots doesnt mean you should
>load it up to %100 capacity and expect %100 performance. I think if
>Ascend was upfront about this it might solve a lot of future performance
>complaints.

We have described the limitations per previous emails. The limit of the
current power supply is at around 72 modem density. That is why 6 x 12modem
cards is OK, but 5 x 16modem cards is not OK. You could check the specs on
the modems/cards against the power supply specs to verify this.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service