Re: (ASCEND) Re-Assign dynamic IP Adress..

> We currently assign most of our Users a dynamic IP adress. This works
> fine - no problem. When the session goes down (e.g timeout) and
> the users dials again into our systens, he gets another IP adress out
> of the pool.
> This is no problem with WIN95, but with WIN3.11 and ISDN we use
> Winsock + ISPA (ISDN Packet Driver) with internal bootp.
> We the user dials in again, Winsock assumes to have the same IP adress.
>
> Is there a possibility to force the ascend to reserve that ip for a
> certain time for that user. Other systems (e.g ITK Suprimo) offer this
> feature. How about ascend ?

I requested this feature about a year ago with the feature request form :-)

It can be done by hacking the RADIUS server and using RADIUS server
assigned Dynamic IP addresses (ont of the newer features).

I've never encountered that Win3.1 problem, in fact just about everything
I've seen reacts well to getting a new address. I'm mostly interested in
not having all your telnet sessions drop when your address changes.

-Phil