Re: (ASCEND) 48 modem limit on Max with 56k cards (fwd)

At 03:26 PM 4/30/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Kevin Smith shaped the electrons to say...
>>This is simply not the case. The MAX can take 6 12-modem cards(56K)
>>or 4 16-modem cards.
>
>To be clear then - it *cannot* take 6 16-modem cards to have 96 modems?

Correct. I believe this has been stated quite a few times that it is a
power-consumption/heat issue that limits the number of modem(cards) in
the current chassis.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service