Re: (ASCEND) Will ascend ??

> > What is the possibility of Ascend introducing BGP routing into the
> > Max 4000 ??

> Uhh why would you want to load an access router with BGP4?

For those of us who have decided that one router holding a link
state database for a large routed network gives enough touchy-feely
security, ie: OSPF.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, ok, 2 routers holding the LSDB, but gotta love those
 Dykstra runs ...)

Well, hey, another reason: Cisco does not recommend loading up a
single router with more than 1 fully utilized routing protocol or
more than 2-3 partially utilized routing protocols.

(Can You Say "Let Rebuild The Route-Cache Every Time A Route Flaps AND
 Utilize 100% Of Our CPU At The Same Time")

[Insert plug for GateD here, running on a GRF or not ...]

	rob