(ASCEND) Max 4000 fireworks crash!

A submission to the hypothetical "most creative Max 4000 crash"...

An hour ago, a Max 4000 running 5.0Ap3 moved a modem to the suspect
list. Half an hour later, another one. The beginnings of odd behaviour.
Shortly after that, it failed a couple of pings. By now some of the
modems look like they're behaving pretty wildly. 10 minutes later the
modems become silent (you dial the number, it picks up, and you get
silence). 2 minutes later, it answers a few calls with fast busies.
At this point it's missing half the pings you send it.

So we managed to reboot it, and everything is back OK.

I'm not worried and I don't think there's anything wrong with the Max;
this _is_ the first time something like this happens. Just thought I'd
share this, as it's a lot more fun than the usual boring fatal error!

-Phil