Re: (ASCEND) Will ascend ?? (fwd)

Once upon a time Neil J. McRae shaped the electrons to say...
>If you ask me its an insane idea, there are much better routers out
>there for that, Keep the MAX series for internal stuff please Ascend!

Why do you say that?  The PortMaster-3 can handle OSPF and BGP with ease.
Customers wanted BGP, we did it.  The PM-3 is a fine 2 port router, and
with the WAN cards in engineering you could add more WAN ports to it should
you want to.

People are using MAXen as routers - especially situations where they'll
use 2 ports for dial in and 2 for WAN, etc.  I don't think it is unreasonable
for customers to ask for BGP if they want or need it.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588