(ASCEND) T1 port going dead occasionally

Greetings all!  I have a Max4002 that I use 1 T1 port (ESF.b8ZS) to
connect to my upstream provider on (BBN).  Then lots of ISDN
customers connect via BRI cards.. for some reason lately my T1 port
just goes dead, even though its a nailed T1.. I can unplug the T1
line, no effect, but if I telnet in, hit Ctrl-D on the profile and
"2" for hang-up, BAM, back in action.  Anyone else ever have this?