Re: (ASCEND) WinNUKE filter?

Hi,

> Anyone have one already implemented? As far as I know, all you need to
> do is block incoming port 139. But I don't know the Protocol number
> (NBT, or NetBIOS over TCP/IP). Anyone know off hand?

just block UDP and TCP for port 139 - it worked for me (NBF isn't routed by the
MAX - as far a I remember it isn't routable at all).

There is no special protocol for NetBIOS over TCP/IP, it just uses UDP and TCP
for transport.

Take also care about port 135 - telnetting to port 135 and typing some keys
makes the rpc-process use 100% CPU........ (done so on WINNT4.0 german
version).

So you better block that one too....

--

MfG,
		Lars Foerster,

  -------------------------
 / eMail: lars@freeway.de  \
-                           --------------------------------------------------

F r e e w a y  N e t s e r v e r  G m b H
 - Internet Service Center -
Ludwig-Rinn-Str. 14-16
35452 Heuchelheim
Germany
Fon +49 641 9678-0
Fax +49	641 9678-12
eMail: info@freeway.de

------------------------------------                                    ------
                                    \ "Never touch a running system !" /
                                     ----------------------------------

To assure mail consistency and authenticy:

PGP-Version: 2.6.3i

mQCNAzHGm7EAAAEEAMhUhXH8CbfLxeQCRRTnjA98dI9BmHPD9g8/3nIkOTLI87U4
EQnOJD1l8wICmYG2PI9EoZO7BvURrk3dxuz8dxYyG3xa/iCXfxabEq7RBNAgOpY/
niyIBwtLUiabPITHdG3seM/q/tjJFIAS6k8bH0niqcMc8ml2soGjEzlQX3gVAAUR
tB9MYXJzIEZvZXJzdGVyIDxsYXJzQGZyZWV3YXkuZGU+iQCVAwUQMcabsoGjEzlQ
X3gVAQHU0gP9FBTCzvQv2JSKIflHwpOCVXo1MB9QAfndoRKyHCGddEoBJ29FxBmX
3KleUkVBw4ZI6wZ4jngyCKjxEcy9Vw9eRf4zzUhMVa0aYTgf7fqOcYE6iqOrP6t3
kjVX8f3quzn+j9tbWVQI6p6QMUWOczUJHaQZok0TjyAHl6pTRK3K5Co=
=iKwu