Re: (ASCEND) 8 BRI card with U interface

At 09:53 PM 5/15/97 -0500, Stuart Brainerd wrote:
>Does anyone know what happened to Ascend's release of an 8 BRI card for the
>MAX 400x series which was supposed to offer built-in NT1s?  We were told by
>Ascend sales a while back that this was a product, which we ordered (!),
>then we were told that it was not going to be a product and was being
>replaced/updated by the 8-port IDSL card.  After waiting many weeks, we
>found out that the IDSL card does not work in a switched dial-up
>environment -- which brings us back to the old 8 BRI card with S/T
>interface...

Well this is definitely not the forum to find out things like this. I am
not aware of any plans to provide a U-interface version.....but as usual
I will check into it.

Maybe you could get back to the "sales" contacts that told you about it
in the first place ?

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service