Re: (ASCEND) Re: AppleTalk over PPP

At 07:27 AM 5/16/97 +0000, Scott Kozicki wrote:
>Kevin Smith wrote:
>>
>> (Though I don't have an application to run ATCP on my powerbook -
>> suggestions?).
>
>Network TeleSystems (www.nts.com) has an AppleTalk over PPP stack for
>Macs. It's OT and MacTCP compliant and has a great PPP client. I'm sure
>they'd 'give' you a copy to test the functionality. Their phone number
>is 800-990-4PRO and they're in Sunnyvale.

I just looked at LinkUPPP too - they claim on the WEB pages to be
interoperable with the MAX already....I didn't check into the details,
so maybe that was just the ARA part...

>btw, I just checked and I was wrong about the load we're running. It's
>5.0Ap5, and it's the tbi.m40 load. We were looking at some experiments
>with OSPF. Since they're not working out too well and we can use the AT
>functionality today, we'll switch loads.

"tba.m40" would be the logical choice then...

>Am I being hasty to move up to i10? p5 has been *very* stable for us
>(uptime of 14 days on all our Maxen despite the constant OSPF
>'fiddling').

Yes, I'd agree if it was not for *needing* AT.  You could still wait for
the next official release rather than the open-customer-BETA "i" version.

I would be wary of upgrading from a stable release <period>

But if you need to investigate AT...."i10" is the latest release supporting
ATCP...

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service