RE: (ASCEND) Erols PBX issue ?

Before the flames get too high on this, it is *not* uncommon for PBX
equipment to alter the frequency response and gain of an outgoing call,
sufficient to cause problems with higher speed modem connections.

We have seen this many times, where the customer gets disco'd frequently
(mostly due to BLER's) or has very poor connect speeds and frequent
retrains from PBX equipment.  Also, many larger (and increasingly
smaller) companies are serviced via SLC's that have additional A/D's in
the line; this alone is a Bad Thing.

It is usually very easy to illustrate this to the customer, especially
if they have a laptop at work, that they can take home and try.  In most
cases, it works great at home, and fails at the office.

Now this DID line thing is completely bogus, though.  I have no idea
where that comes from, as most PBX's indeed use DID anyhow.

Best regards,

Dave Van Allen - You Tools Corporation/FASTNET(tm)
dave@fast.net (610)289-1100 http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - PA/NJ/DE Business Internet Solutions