Re: (ASCEND) P75 takes longer and longer to connect

I don't have a solution other than just regularly
rebooting the pipeline, but FWIW:

I have a remote user with an ISDN TA dialing _TO_
a P50 that gets the same increasing negotiation delays
after about 2 weeks of uptime on the pipeline,
his negotiation delay is increased by about _30_seconds_...

reboot the pipeline and he can again connect in about 2-3 seconds.

-jim h

At 02:24 05/22/1997 GMT, Bill Lutton wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I connect to a Portmaster w/5BRI card with my P75.
>My problem is that the P75 takes progressively longer to
>negotiate with the Portmaster.  After a reset, the P75
>negotiates the link in just under 2 sec.   After 30 or so
>connect the negotiation time is up to 5 sec.
>
>An abridged syslog output is included below, generated by
>manually calling & disconnecting in succession.  Notice the
>negotiation starts out at ~2 sec and by the 28th call is
>up to ~5 sec.

>My questions:
>
>Why does the P75 retransmit the first frame?
>
>Why does the retransmit take longer on successive calls?
>
>Is there anything I can do to get the P75 to consistantly
>connect quickly to this Portmaster?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Bill
----
Jim Howard                      jhoward@lyceum.com
Sr Network Engineer             404.248.1733
Lyceum Internet                 http://www.lyceum.com/