Re: (ASCEND) Analog Multilink PPP and RAS

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Please bear in mind that the features of the 5.0A release and all of the
> subsequent patches are the same set. Only in the "i" releases do the
> supported features change.
>
> Since this was not supported in the 5.0A release, it will not be in *any*
> of the 5.0ApXX versions either.
>
> It will be in the *next* main release, and is currently in the "i" loads
> (since i4 I believe) as a customer BETA of the feature.

How does this work?  If a big customer says they want it, a feature change
can go into a patch release?  How big is big?

I only ask because twice in the 50a patch tree so far, features have been
added.  The most recent, up and down metrics, didn't even make the release
notes as far as I could see.

Wim.