Re: (ASCEND) restricting 1-800 access to certain users

One way of accomplishing this would be to restrict everyone else to dialing
a certain number and use Ascend's Access Control Radius.  So if all of your
users today are dialing in on local # 555-4085 into a PRI line then you
could have an Ascend Access Control user entry as follows:  Must be PRI to
pass the "Called Party" number.  If the following user dials into the MAX
with any other number they will not be authenticated.

localuser Password = "notollfree", Called-Station-ID = "4085"
        Service-Type = Framed,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address = 137.175.100.101,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

We are in the process of setting up a special application
which users dial a 1-800 number to dial into our system.
However, we do not want just *anybody* to be able to dial
this number.  Only one special username can have access.
Is there a way to restrict the called-number to only one
user?
We're using Ascend MAX units (running 5.0Ap5) and RADIUS
to authenticate.  We're using PRIs as our incoming spans.
Thanks in advance.  If you need more information about
my particular application I'll be happy to provide it.
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:     send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
To get FAQ'd:  <http://www.shore.net/~dreaming/ascend-faq>
or        <ftp://ftp.shore.net/members/dreaming/ascend-faq.txt>