(ASCEND) Re: Asynch Mpp

At 09:52 PM 5/28/97 +0800, Ghaz wrote:

>Hi Kevin
>
>Client and Central office product of asynch mpp
>See the URL http://www.transendmodems.com/
>press release http://www.transendmodems.com/67pr.htm

Unfortunately this unit will only work Transend to Transend....kinda
like the USR X2 stuff. I assume they basically have 2 modems inside
the box and do the MP-like stuff internally with output to the DTE
port at up to 67.2kb/s. Nice that standard UART will still suffice...

What would be nice - if they bundled the client side like this, BUT
supported standard MP so that you could call into any RAS that could
handle async-MP....

Alternately...with 2 K56flex modems and 2 comms ports on an NT workstation,
I can now get 67.2 upload, and 112K downloads (theoretically :)....without
need to find an ISP/server with Transend modems...

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service