Re: (ASCEND) P75 and X2

At 09:43 AM 5/28/97 -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:

>I wondered how well an X2 modem would work attached to the POTS port of
>a P75. My expectation was that with only 1 foot of analog (between
>the modem and the P75) it should do real well.
>
>So I attached a USR sportster to my analog port and called the USR
>test line (888-877-9248). This was a pre-X2 sportster, but the idea
>behind the test line is to test the line for X2 before you buy one.
>
>Well, the short answer is that the USR test identified my line as
>marginal saying I should expect degraded performance.

I called the line with a MegaHertz XJCC4288 PCMCIA modem connected through
a P25....the connect was at 28,800 bi-directional...but I still got the
same message you did.

I'd be curious if anyone has received a positive response when dialing that
number ....

I'll try from home on my regular analog and via the P75 tonight...

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service