Re: (ASCEND) Max 200 Freeze w/ 5.0A

> At 01:06 PM 5/28/97 EET, Sakari Aaltonen wrote:
> >
> >We cannot use 5.0A because it has another problem (IPCP
> >negotiation during callback). 5.0Ap8, the latest release,
> >does not fix this.
>
> What is the problem you refer to here ? (TR# ?).
>
> Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
> Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
>                                          http://www.ascend.com/service

I don't have a TR#. The first time I tried submitting a problem report
to Ascend, what I got in response was a sort of a form that I was supposed
to fill in. When I filled it in and emailed it, I was sent another form
containing the original form that I had filled in and another (empty) copy
of the same form that I was requested to fill in. I filled it in and sent
it off to Ascend. Next, I received another email message containing the
original form that I had filled in and another empty copy of the form that
I was requested to fill in and email to Ascend.

In all, this happened five times over a three-day period.

Then I gave up.

The second time I tried submitting a problem report to Ascend, what
I got in response was the same form that I had been sent the first
time (months earlier). I didn't fill it in, because I didn't want
to repeat the experience outlined above. Rather, I re-described the
problem as well as I could (I was unable to key in "Esc [ Esc -" on a
non-US keyboard).  Well, because I didn't fill in the form, Ascend didn't
reply (emeasupport@ascend.com).

Sakari Aaltonen
sakari@aplac.hut.fi