Re[2]: (ASCEND) 5.0Ai10

     I haven't seen a problem with an i release.  Haven't tried it. But I
     am having difficulty getting current status on the bug fixfor pcA
     crashing the Maxes.  And I need clarification on the release note
     below which seems to contradict itself.  Note the tik.m40 file is for
     Max 400X while eik.m40 is for  Max 400XE.  Yet below that is says "Max
     4000E software was NOT included. Max 4002/4 software was NOT
     included."  Isn't that contradictory?

     And my other burning issues are when is a Max 200 version of code
     which fixes the pcA going to be available?  When will there be a code
     fix compatible with the Max 1600 (our most widely deployed).  ??

     Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Our world-wide RAS deployment
     is stalled because of this.

     -Michael

     ------------------------------------

     Support called to say the fix for the bug that allowed the application
     pcAnywhere to crash the Max was available.  What's up the the 4000E,
     4002/4004 not included?  The statements seem to contradict Max 400X
     and Max 400XE support?

     at

     ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Patch/Release-5.0Ap6/

     The Max image file names are as follows:

     tik.m20         Max 2000   T1/PRI w/ RIP/OSPF & K56 flex support
     eik.m20         Max 2000E  E1/PRI w/ RIP/OSPF & K56 flex support
     tik.m40         Max 400X   T1/PRI w/ RIP/OSPF & K56 flex support
     eik.m40         Max 400XE  E1/PRI w/ RIP/OSPF & K56 flex support

     BRI support = support for the BRI slotcard
     DM-8 support = support for the 8-modem slotcard DM-12 support =
     support for the 12-modem slotcard
     K56 flex support = support for the 56k modem slotcard

     NOTE: DM-8s and DM-12s are NOT supported simultaneously
     in the same Max

     SPECIAL NOTES:
     Max 200 software was NOT included
     Max (Max 1600) software was NOT included Max 1800 software was NOT
     included