Re: (ASCEND) 48 modem limit on Max with 56k cards

At 05:50 PM 5/8/97 -0400, Stephen Balbach wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>How fast does the Ascend 4048 forward packets with 72 modems downloading
>at 56K?

The 4048 is a 2 T1 / 48 modem unit...so I cannot post any 72-modem results.

>On ethernet this is 4.036Mb/sec - ethernet can handle about 6Mb
>substained throughput.
>
>I'm real anxious to see the performance curve of 48 modems vs. 72 modems

We will _probably_ publish the results when we have completed tests with
an independent test lab so that they can be posted formally....

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service