(ASCEND) User Disconnect Problems

I have seen several posts on this group regarding disconnects of users
that are dialing into the Max.  I have a Max 4004 with 4 x 12 modem cards
installed running 5.0ap4 software.  I have about 10 users that are now
(since I moved from the Portmaster to the Max) having problems with
disconnects while using Netscape for email or for downloading files.
Most are on for 4 to 8 mintues and they get dropped unexpectedly!  There
is nothing common about these users, some use Apple and Teleport modems
some are using Windows 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock, and still others are
using Windows 95 and USR Sportster modems.  They did not have problem
before, but have just begun having the problem since I switched.

As anyone else had a similar experience that can shed some light on what
I should look for...Is the Max just not able to handle that kind of
traffic load?  I surely hope that is not the case as I bought it to be
able to have at least the 72 modems operating...

Thank you in advance

Jim Williams
NTRnet Systems, Inc.