(ASCEND) Disappearing pool addresses?

I just rebooted my MAX 2000 to help it recover from a very strange
syndrome.  Users could not start PPP, because the MAX claimed that
it was unable to assign an IP address for their session.  I have a
pool set up of 23 addresses, one for each B channel on my PRI.  When
users started to complain about not being able to get an address, I
looked at it and saw, at various times, 23 addresses in use and none
free, with no sessions connected.

Has anyone ever seen this before?  Is there a fix?  I am currently
running 4.6Ci12 on my MAX 2000.

Thanks,
--Pat.