Re: (ASCEND) Max 4000 fireworks crash!

> At 06:14 PM 5/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >> I'm not worried and I don't think there's anything wrong with the Max;
> >
> >Forget I said that; turns out the Max is permanently hosed.
>
> I assume you have this in the RMA process right now ? I'd be curious
> to find out what the problem/cause was...

OK, well let me start off by saying that I was a bit distressed when I
wrote that, given the number of customers calling saying they couldn't
connect. :-)

Turns out the problem was with one of the T1s. Any analog call that came
in on the fourth T1 was being answered with silence.

We reported the problem to the telco, and they brought the line up and
down a couple of times, then called to say they hadn't done anything.
After that it worked!

My guess is either there was a line provisioning problem that they hastily
corrected and then denied existence of, or it needed a good hard reset on
the DMS side.

-Phil