Re: (ASCEND) K56flex connect rate reporting?

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Well since it's still not currently possible to connect at 56000 (read FCC
> limit), and you would only see up to 52000 on K56flex connects....*unless*
> the information is set to 56000 for any K56flex connect....I'll check it out
> since in our LAB testing we were not running RADIUS (not part of the test
> setup).

Whoa!  I read somewhere that K56Flex doesn't have the power limitations
that X2 has.  In fact, I'm communicating that fact.  It was my understanding
that the modem hardware had to be swapped out specifically because a
software upgrade of the DSPs would then cause the same power problems as
X2.

The FCC limitation is on Power Output not on connect rates.  It just so
happens that for an X2 modem to connect above 53K they violate the FCC
rule.  However, again, I heard that K56Flex didn't have this limitation.

Please clarify.

--
Robert A. Pickering Jr.                Internet Services Manager
Cincinnati Bell Telephone              rob@fuse.net

           A Rough Whimper of Insanity (Information Superhighway)

PGP key ID: 75CAFF7D 1995/05/09
PGP Fingerprint: B1 63 0C 09 D8 2E 5D 69  BB 61 A2 92 22 37 63 C3